A farm, a mill, a unique olive oil

Family production - Cortijo Suerte Alta

Family production

All the olives come from our 255 hectares of olive grove, of which 80% is a 100 year old olive grove. In this part of the olive grove trees are planted in the traditional system; Trees that interwine the three traditonal varieties characteristic of Baena: Picudo, Picual y Hojiblanco. The remaining 20% of the estate is dedicated to the cultivation of the Picual variety.

Organic farming - Cortijo Suerte Alta

Organic farming

100% Organic since 1996 with CEE, USDA, NOP and JAS (Japan) certifications. This certifies an EVOO completely free of chemical products and high levels of polyphenols (>50mg/kg). 

Sello SIQEV - QvExtra - Cortijo Suerte Alta

Seal SIQEV - QvExtra

Extra Virgin international seal of quality: ensures the excellence of olive oils throughout the "best before" date

D.O. Baena - Cortijo Suerte Alta

D.O. Baena

The DOP Baena and the Oficial Panel Test certify that the oil bottled is Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Every tank in the cellar is sealed and each bottle bear a numbered back label


Philosophy and passion


The current owner, Manuel Heredia Halcón, Marquis of Prado, took over Suerte Alta in 1986, from his grandparents the Marquises of Bedmar who in 1924 started the olive grove plantation.

In 1996 the conversion of the farm to organic cultivation takes place under the supervision of the C.A.A.E (Andalusian Organic Farming Committee). At the same time the first irrigation system is implemented.

To date, Suerte Alta has 255 hectares of olive grove, of which 80% is a 100 year old olive grove. Suerte Alta produces an average annual output of 250.000 Kg of extra virgin olive oil.


During 2006 the new oil mill was erected, located at the heart of the farm and next to the farmhouse. Thus Suerte Alta rounds up the entire production cycle: from the tree, where the olives are harvested, to the bottle. ​​​​​​​This enables the production of a unique Extra Virgin Olive Oil with four key caracteristics:

In-house production

Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

DOP Baena

SiQUEV - QvExtra seal


Localización del Cortijo Suerte Alta - ​​​​​​​Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil


The estate, El Cortijo de Suerte Alta, is located next to the town of Albendín (Baena), in the province of Cordoba (Spain).

The land in this area is well known for the coexistence of the three main varieties of the olive trees in Andalucía: picudo, hojiblanco and picual. Furthermore, it is very well known for the coexistence of century-old and young olive trees.

The drip irrigation system ensures the perfect development and ripening of the fruit. At the same time, the organic farming has lead to the formation of a native vegetation cover which favors the production of an olive oil with rich scents, flavours and nuances.

Cortijo Suerte Alta - ​​​​​​​Extra Virgin Organic Olive Oil